Thursday, October 11, 2007

Coupon

A couple of weekends ago, Shell was out of town and I decided to go rent some videos. This was the perfect time to rent any action flicks that might be a little too grotesque for Shells taste. But the main reason for the trip was a “rent one, get one free” coupon that I had was about to expire. I couldn’t let this coupon go to waste. Now the main movie that I wanted to see was Pathfinder, but I was having a hard time finding another (my free one) movie. I was getting tired of walking back and forth and started heading up to the counter when I noticed that Quentin Tarantino had a new movie Death Proof. Since I was tired of being in the store and I was in the mood to handle a Tarantino film. So “Bobs Your Uncle”

This is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. For those who want to see the movie, you may not want to read any further. But I suggest just reading about it on the link above and save yourself about an 2 hours.



I know that all of Tarantino’s movies has a long segment where there is no action and all it is a conversation with the movie characters. It has happened in Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, and Kill Bill vol I & II. But when two of these segments take up a total of 98% of movie, this is the limit. I was able to watch the first segment without fast forwarding, but the second I had to see what happened without watching it entirely. By doing this, I found out that I was not missing any of the plot. The movie should have been 30 minutes, which would have been long enough to give Tarantino one of his conversations segment.

In other words two things took place. I now have a new movie I rank in the top 10, worst of all time. Ranked in-between Cabin Boy and Chocolat. Second, I am pissed off that I wasted a free video coupon, which was about to expire, on this movie.

No comments: