Tuesday, October 16, 2007

3 Essentials to Survival

I was able to survive this weekend. Even though there were moments that the feeling of crazy would take over my mental state. What event threatened my insanity? Well this weekend was Shell’s baby shower. With this event brought Shell’s mother, sister, best friend, Shell, and myself under one small roof for 3 days.

Now let me first say that I like her family and friends. Second I would not consider our house small, but small considering 5 adults and 1 Bailey (aka dog) is a different story. And third, until just recently I have been living away from home surrounded by male construction workers. Last item is not a pretty site, but I had my space and was able to adapt. Needless to say I’m not use to be in a crowded area and I was a little overwhelmed by the female presence around me. Even the soon to be born baby and the dog are female.

So how did I starving off lunacy? Here are the 3 essential items:
1 - Frequent breaks from the group (their shopping trips, working in the garage).
2 - Not holding the baby shower at home (a friend luckily hosted).
3 - Heavy dose of Football. If not available at this time, there are some sports substitutes will suffice.

No comments: