Thursday, October 4, 2007

Baseball

This day and age, when it comes to sports for me it is mainly football, basketball, and occasionally soccer. Growing up there was always another part to this equation that involved baseball. It was a game I loved to watch and more importantly play. The younger me admired Doc Gooding and Darrell Strawberry. Yes I know that these two people ended up being the worst of role models. But if you know about these two guys then you know I was a Mets fan. It not that I don’t like the Mets, it is that I don’t like baseball anymore. After one of the strikes, not sure which one, I totally stopped following baseball.

This is a little late, but better than ever. While on the sports page, I happened see a headline that basically stating the Mets had one of the biggest let downs in history. This I could not resist reading to see what was going on. I came to found out that the Mets have basically leading the division for the entire season until the next to last game. With 14 games remaining, they were ahead 7 games and were unable to win the division. This has to be sad for Mets fans. But all I have to say “Who cares, bring on football”.

No comments: