Tuesday, July 31, 2007

5 Year Anniversary

Come this October of this year, it will be my 5 year anniversary with the company I work. For this glorious occasion I will be able to attend a banquet in my honor, along with others also reaching this milestone.

In addition to honor for yours truly, they offer a lovely gift (service award) of my choosing. Since they want you to have your gift prior to this date, which makes sense to me, they let you select the item out ahead of time. So today I went online to see what they offer. There are about 25 different items. Some of the items are many different types of desk awards, a cosmetic case, jewelry, a globe, and of course the traditional watch.

I was reading the descriptions of these items when I came to the globe and found the note under the description:

if you request this award to ship to a location in India, customs officials there have not allowed the item into the country due to their concerns about mapping on the globe.

I am sure this is due to area that India and Pakistan both claim and have been fighting over for many of years. But am I curious does the globe show this area in favor of Pakistan, or is Pakistan customs not so uptight, or is it mainly due to the fact that no awards go to Pakistan.

What ever the case maybe, I am not curious enough to order the gift. Anyway can I pass up the cosmetic cases, I think not!!!

No comments: