Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Interns

At work we have several interns working this summer. This is the normal, but each year they seem to be younger and younger. Usually after saying something like this, I would be immediately follow it with “No I am just getting older”. But this year, this is not the case. There are 2 interns that are 19 years old, they have only been out of high school for a year. At that age, I was not thinking about my career/job experience. In fact I was almost flunking out of school, mainly because I was only interested in the following subjects: girls, skiing, and partying (ranked in order of importance)

Due to the fact they are 19, I concluded that next year there would be the unlikely chance that they can get even younger. My next thought is that in the years to come interns may seem younger based on how mature they act. After the following, I highly doubt it:

The other day these 2 individuals (1 male and 1 female) mentioned above, were playing a game of Hangman during lunch break. Since they sit right next to me, I couldn’t help over hearing the last game played and being involved in the conversion following the game. The clue was a famous movie for the following:



D E _ _ I E

D _ E S

D _ L L _ S

If you cannot fill in the blanks, "B", "O", "A"

I cannot remember if she actual won the game. She did not believe him concerning the hint/subject, never hearing of the movie. When she asked me, if I had seen the movie. “No I haven’t seen that movie, but I heard of it and agree that it is a famous movie” Eventually someone gave her more information on the movie. I don’t think she found it amusing.

No comments: