Monday, July 23, 2007

The Count Down is Over

A couple weeks ago my wife asked me if I knew what should be coming out in __ many days? I don’t remember the actual # she used in the question, which shows my excitement. But after giving her the “I don’t have any idea, what is it?” sign. She replied “The new Harry Potter book”.

Well this weekend the final installment of this series went on sell. What was my involvement? Not too much, besides checking the mail a couple of times for Shell and keeping a eye/ear out for UPS guy. Besides checking for a preordered copy to arrive in the mail, I found all the hoopla and speculations going over the internet amusing. How many and which main characters were going to die in the book. Websites claiming to have so called parts of the book. And newspapers able to buy a copy from a local bookstore and then publishing their reviews before the book came out.

There are just too many impatient people. Everybody has to be the first to know what happened and before anybody else. People just need to relax. I know what happens and I didn’t even read the book. I just waited for someone else to read the book and then they told me what happened. Eventually I will have to watch the movie and then I’ll know more of the details.

No comments: