Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Useless Information ?? (I lost count)

It has been awhile since I posted some useless information, I thought it was about time. To assist me in this post, I used HOW MANY OF ME website that I found in Brian Alone blog. Since I don’t know how credible this site is, no guarantee on its accuracy. But I found it interesting:

- There are 302,406,144 people in the United States of America, with at least 88,799 different last names and 5,163 different first names in common use.

There are:
- 49,938 named John Smith
- 1,0597 named James Bond
- 507 named George Bush
- 114 named Harry Potter
- 13 Lee Majors
- 3 Frank Sinatra
- 0 Arnold Schwarzenegger. I don’t see how this is possible, there should be at least 1. Unless they are talking born in the US. If that is the case the statistics are not correct. Or possible it is not the Governator’s real name.

More on the personal side, there are:
- 3,113 named Jason Anderson. I knew three growing up.
- 3,930 with my last name, which is ranked 8515th. The rank is actually high than I thought, especially out of about 89K.
- 65 with James and last name
- 2 with Jim and last name
- James is ranked 1st in the most popular first name, with 5,032,038
- 99.7 % of James are male. I feel sorry for the other 0.3%, which is roughly 15,096. I do have a family member that knew a girl named Jimmy.

No comments: