Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Football News Shorts

This was the first weekend with an ample amount of action, that counted. There is so much that I could write about, but I will try to keep each subject short. Of course 4 to 5 lines is short for me. Here is my top 10.

10 - Start with the disappointment of the week, Michigan showed again how they do not belong in top 25. I don’t know what was the final score. I know after several touchdown difference, I declared that they suck and turn off the TV. I couldn’t watch anymore.

9 - Speaking of college football and the state of Idaho: The Vandals lost last week to USC. Boise State lost to Washington that ended the longest wining steak in the country. The Bunglers, I mean Bengals actually won a game. I believe they beat South Middle Eastern Oregon State College or something like that. I’m so proud.

8 - On with the NFL. Now we know why the Patriots have been good for so long. They always know what plays the other team is going to run.

7 - The 49ers and Cardinals still suck. This week the 49ers were a little less sucky.

6 - Surprise of the week, after watching several games (or parts of the games). I did not hear a signal word concerning Vick.

5 - Annoyance of week, Madden and Michaels during Sunday Night Football with the consistent talk on how Tikki should return. He is retired, it is about time those two do the same.

4 - The Saints failed miserably to stick it too the Colts. Since Cowboys don’t play the Colts during the regular season this year, they have to wait to kick there butts (again) in the Super Bowl.

3 - I’m still amazed that Denver was able to get the kicking unit on the field and kick the winning field goal in something like 11 seconds. It was been a long time since I enjoyed watching a denver game, oh wait, this is a first.

2 - The Packers actually won. The sweet part is that the Eagles lost, thanks to their special teams. Keep the punt returners in the games.

1 - As for the game of the week. The Cowboys beat the Giants. I never doubted it for a minute. Of course neither team’s defense showed up. If the Cowboys defense doesn’t get the crap together. The only super bowl for Dallas will be 2011, when they host.

No comments: