Friday, April 27, 2007

Trip Review – Part Deux

Now the second installment of the trip review.

As you could probably tell from a previous post, I was not too impressed with the rest of Iceland and I’m grateful we only spent a few days. I believe that main reason from the lack of interest in Iceland is due to living in this country way too long.

After Reykjavik, we spent the next leg of our trip to VIEUX (OLD) GAY PARIE. Prior to leaving on this trip, many co-workers had informed me that the French are rude, Paris is dirty, and they would never go back. So after hearing all this information, along working with a few French individuals, I did not have too high of expectations. But surprisingly in Paris, everyone that we met was very friendly (except one, the bracelet guy) than I thought it would be and for the size of the city I thought is was fairly clean.

Of course I have a theory for the friendly welcome and the cleanliness, which is that our visit was early in the tourist season so the individuals were not yet annoyed with tourists. This is just a theory, but I can imagine working in the city center in August, when it is hot and you helping your 200th customer of the day during the end of tourist season. I would be a little crappy.

All theories aside, we really enjoyed the Paris. We spent 5 days on the run, trying to see everything on our wish list. The first couple of days were mostly spent in the Louvre and the d’Orsay (pictured below) museums. Both were amazing with so much to see.




Without going into a great detail, the rest of time was spent seeing the major sites of Paris, to name a few of the sites were the cathedral of Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, and Moulin Rouge. Outside of Paris, we took a tour of the Palace of Versailles. This is the one place that I did not enjoy too much, which was due to so many people in such small areas and tour rushed us through so quickly. Where as the other sites had more room for so many people and we were able to go at our own pace.

While we were trying to see much as possible in a short time, I would say overall we had a great time and we accomplish our site seeing goals only missing a couple of secondary sites.

No comments: