Thursday, April 5, 2007

Johnny Wouldn't Lie

If you do not remember the movie Pulp Fiction, this entry will not mean as much.

During the movie John Travolta is talking to Samuel L. Jackson about Amsterdam. The conversation leads to little differences. The example he gives, since Europe does not use the metric system and for this reason McDonalds does not call their sandwich a Quarter Pound with Cheese. They call it a royal (roy-AL) with cheese. I never really thought about this subject too much, but in the back of mind I thought this was some made up crap. Well after visiting a McDonalds in Paris, they do call it a royal with cheese. This is one of the useless facts, which I seem to be full of lately (more to come later).

Then in the conversation mentioned above Samuel L. Jackson asks, what do they call a whopper? The reply was “I don’t know I didn't go into Burger King”. Well now I am in Amsterdam with a Burger King near our hotel. And since I have been away from home for quite awhile, I am fairly positive a visit will happen before I leave.

No comments: