Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Football Thoughts for Week 10

Starting with college football as always, I was happy to see that Ohio State lost. Unfortunately Michigan lost also, which makes next week match up less exciting. But the winner should still go to the rose bowl. GO BLUE!!!!

Three University of Montana players were arrested for burglary. This is the latest in a long line of problems with the law for the program. Looks like Montana’s football program is the college version of the NFLs Bengals. Who would have thought.

I didn’t even bother checking to see how ISU has done for a few weeks, like it matters.

Congratulations goes out to the sea chickens as they destroyed the 49ers.

Funny how before the season the 49ers were picked as a sleeper team. The only negative for me in the 49ers loosing ways is that the Patriots will get there 1st round pick in next years draft.

Speaking of 1st round picks, the Browns (aka Cowboys) pick is not going to be as good as everyone thought. I’ve never said this before, but I was glad to see the Steelers win this week.

Too bad for Adrian Petersen’s injury during the Packers, always fun to see records broken. After the previous week, I was getting tired of hearing all the press handing him the MVP and proclaiming that he would break the rookie rushing record. Where is an idea, wait until it happens.

I must be jinxed, when it comes to fantasy football. One of my leagues I have Brees as my QB, which I’ve played him the first 4 weeks. All Saints losses, with very poor numbers. I decided to go with my back up for the next four games, which were all wins and his improved numbers. Last week, I decided to move him back into the starting lineup against the winless Rams. Sure enough it was a flash back to the first four weeks as the Rams beat the Saints. Maybe I can make a few bucks from Saints fans. How much will they pay for me not to play Brees as my QB.

I’ll have to check to see if the Saints play the Dolphins. If so I might be nice and play Brees again so they can have a win. Then maybe not, since they failed on their best chance this year. By allowing the Bills to come from behind. It also might be fitting for this season to go with the Dolphins season where they did not have a loss. You may be unaware of my power to influence some games, but it is true.

The Patriots are that so good that they did not only kick the Colts butts, but it was so bad that Colts could not beat the horrid Chargers the next week.

I thought it was kind of the Cowboys to let NY think they were in the game during the first half with stupid penalties. Only to take care of them in the second half.

No comments: