Sunday, May 20, 2007

Supernatural

Since I have been temporary living in places that do not have any decent TV shows, I have to relay heavily on my and my co-workers DVD collections to see some decent shows or at least something new. This have included several seasons of The Simpson (best show on earth), Weeds (interesting, but if I was at home I would probably be watching anything else), Seinfeld, and Titus (not too well know, but I find it funny as hell) to name a few.

A few weeks back a friend came back from vacation in Thailand with first two seasons of Supernatural (key word is Thailand). When this show first premiered, I was able to watch most of the first season with a little help of TiVo. Because it has been awhile since I have seen this show, I started watching the series from the being. I was really enjoying the series and anticipating season two. Well that time came and I put in the first disk, resulting in nothing. The disc was blank or it just would not play.

Damn Cheap Knockoffs from Thailand

In case you don’t already know, Asia (Thailand in this specific case) is known from production of really inexpensive copies of almost any product. So in this case my friend is out a couple bucks. Going price for any DVD is $2 (US).

But back to the story, I continued with remaining part of the season. With the recaps at the beginning of each episode, confirmed my feeling that I missed some very crucial information pertaining to the story line including one of the main characters dying. A 10 second segment recapping the entire story line is just not sufficient. In addition one of the recaps showed a very disappointing fact that one of the evil characters was killed off, a cute girl that was possessed by an all powerful demon. Now the demon’s replacement for this character is a red haired, buggy eyed, freaky guy.

Putting all this aside, there are two positives about watching a show called supernatural. First, any character return. So maybe the evil, but cute character will return. Second, watching a series called Supernatural has occasionally given me psychic the abilities. I see a trip to Best Buy in the near future.

No comments: