Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Bored

First let me say that I don’t know why I am writing this. Due to the reason that I feel only one person reads my blog and this particular person is current on a plane coming to see me here in Iceland. For this reason I know she will not be able to ready this anytime soon. Maybe I am wrong and some other people actual look at this page, but of course I am writing this anyway.

After living in Iceland for over a year in East Iceland, I still would say that I have not really experienced Iceland. Currently I am living in an area that has a total population of approximately 1500 people, which spread through out over 150km and is doubled by the construction work force. I have taken several drives around the area to return with some pictures of a glacier, many pictures of waterfalls and rocks, and not much more. This would be sufficient for one trip, not the several I have taken. Needless to say that there is not much to do.

So is Iceland one of the most isolated areas in world or is there much more to this island?

Well the obvious answer would be, yes there has to be more. Over the next few days I will be able to answer that question by experience. Currently I am waiting in Reykjavik for Shell to arrive for several days roaming around West Iceland. Since I want to share all these experiences I am waiting in the hotel for her to arrive and currently taking advantage of decent internet connection.

No comments: